for Authors of the Online Bilingual Scholarly Journal Spekali
Publishing with the online peer-reviewed scientific journal Spekali is free of charge. The articles and all the volumes are preserved at the library and the archive of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University Library.
The online billingual peer-reviewd scientfic journal Spekali uses CC BY-NC Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Licence for its users. It is fully open-accessed and ready to use, reproduce, disseminate or display the article provided that the author is attributed as the original creator and that the reuse is restricted to non-commercial purposes (i.e. research or educational use).
In our standard author contract, the author transfers copyright to us as the owner and publisher of the journal (or, in the case of a society-owned journal, to that learned society).
Assigning the copyright enables us to:
- Effectively manage, publish and make your work available to the academic community and beyond.
- Act as stewards of your work as it appears in the scholarly record. Handle reuse requests on your behalf.
- Take action when appropriate where your article has been infringed or plagiarized.
- Increase visibility of your work through third parties.
After assigning copyright the publisher is the owner of the copyright and particular author can use own paper as any other user; As an authors you will still remain the right to:
- Be credited as the author of the article.
- Make printed copies of your article to use for a lecture or class that you are leading on a non-commercial basis.
- Share your article using your free eprints with friends, colleagues and influential people you would like to read your work.
- Include your article Author’s Original Manuscript (AOM) or Accepted Manuscript(AM), depending on the embargo period in your thesis or dissertation.
- The Version of Record cannot be used.
- Present your article at a meeting or conference and distribute printed copies of the article on a non-commercial basis.
Publishing an open access Journal Spekali does not let authors to retain the copyright in his/her work.
Our editorial board will ask to sign an author contract which gives us the right to publish the Version of Record of the article and share it in diversional repositories. This author contract incorporates the Creative Commons license of author's choice, which will dictate what others can do with your article once it has been published.
Authors should submit to the Editorial Office Board the following materials:
- application (see Appendix 1);
Way of an article design and text format:
- Language of an article - Georgian and/or English;
- Full text of an article in Georgian language and a two-page abstract in English. After preliminary agreement with Editorial Board, it is desirable that the author provide an English translation of an article as well. In such case the submission of a two-page abstract is not needed).
- Foreign authors can submit only the full text of an article in English;
- Please submit articles as DOC (MS-Word), ODT, SXW(openOffice) or RTF (Rich Text Format) files.
- Editor parameters for Word Windows;
- Paper size A4'
- Margins: top and bottom - 2 cm; left-right - 2.5 cm.
- Georgian text is to be typed in Sylfaen and English - in Times New Roman.
- Font size - 12'
- Line spacing -1,0 (single);
- Number of pages - 7-10;
- Pages should not be numbered.
In the upper corner of the article the following information should be placed:
- Data about an author (each co-author):
- full name of author(s), (centralized, font size -12);
- Brief academic profile (not more than 100 words);
- full name of author(s), (centralized, font size -12);
- Title of the paper (on center, Bold, font size 14);
- Short summary (not more than 4-5 lines) in the original language (italic, font size 12); there should not been quotations from the used literature and/or pictures, schemes, drawings, illustrations, tables.
- Keywords - not more than five (italic, font size 12);
- Main text - (font size 12);
- If there are drafts, drawings, schemes, pictures, illustrations, tables it is necessary:
- The drafts, drawings, schemes, pictures, illustrations, tables should be given under the appropriate texts or on the following page;
- The drafts, drawings, schemes, pictures, illustrations, tables (format - from 90X120 mm to 130X120 mm) should be numbered in Arabic numerals;
- If there is only one illustration in the text, it is not numbered;
- In case of necessity the drafts, drawings, schemes, pictures, illustrations, tables may be titled and/or supplemented with small interpretation, after the title of the material;
- The drawing must be reflected on the screen accurately (discerning ability 96-150 dpi).
- For submission both hardcopy assigned by an author and electron version are to be presented (address: 0179 Tbilisi, 36 Chavchavadze av, TSU, Building V, email address: email@example.com).
Sample of article design
The full name of author(s)
Short summary (not more than 4-5 lines in original language)
Keywords (not more than 5)
- The author is obliged to respect the style of citations in the journal (Appendix 2).
- The papers submitted to the journal will be sent for peer review to the anonymous Georgian and foreign experts.
- In accordance with international standards of ethics, the names of experts are confidential.
- The paper will be published only if it receives a positive assessment of both experts.
- Only the Editorial Board has the right to consult experts for further clarification in connection with a review. This information is confidential.
- The Editorial Board is authorized, if it considers necessary, to refuse publication of an article and not send experts and/or return to the author the article or return to the subsequent processing.
- The author is obliged to revise the article at the request of the editorial board or reviewer. Otherwise, the article will not be published and will not be sent to the experts.
- Return of the article to author for subsequent refinement does not mean that it is accepted for publication.
- After the adoption of revised text, the article will once again be regarded by the Editorial Board.
- The author is obliged to indicate the email address which he regularly checks and by which it will be possible to contact him as soon as possible. If there are obstacles or appears impossible to contact the author, the Editorial Board is eligible to delay or even deny printing of an article.
- The Editorial Office lacks financial ability to provide telephone conversations with the authors and other interested persons. Please, take this obstacle into account and contact the Editorial Office by means of email.
- The author is eligible to request to see reviews.
- The author is not eligible to make changes and additions to the published article.
- The author is responsible for the content and publication of the article.
- Authors and reviewers have a moral and ethical responsibility for the scientific quality of publications.
- Position of the author of the article may not necessarily reflect the views of the Editorial Board.
- The Editorial Board of the journal is not liable to the authors and/or third parties and organizations if they are in some form affected by this publication.
- The Editorial Board reserves the right to remove already published article from journal if it turns out that by the publication of this material copyrights and/or other generally accepted norms of scientific ethics have been violated. The Editorial Board will notify about this fact the author and the organization where this work has been performed.
- After publishing in Spekali the authors are eligible to print the paper in other journals (only not electron). In such case (if the paper will be published without changes) it is necessary to make reference to Spekali as the first source.
- In order to support doctoral students at their request it will be possible to publish abstracts of doctoral theses kept at the Humanities Department of the TSU.
For further information please contact the Editorial Office.
The Editorial Board of the journal Spekali thanks the authors for cooperation.